FLDIGI and Icom IC-7100 Config Setup
Here's how I successfully configured the IC-7100 for Fldigi in November 2013.
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.
Download USB Drivers
- The latest drivers can always be downloaded from
Look for IC-7100 > USB Driver Utility
- Read the USB Driver Installation Guide
- I really do recommend reading the installation instructions.
USB Driver Software, v1.20, 2013/08/01
- Run the USB Driver installation package before connecting the USB cable for the first time.
- Unzip USB Driver ZIP first, or the installation will fail.
- Restart the PC.
- Connect the USB cable, then power on the IC-7100.
- Start the Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT)
- Make note of driver name "Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge"
- Make note of your port numbers (COM4 and COM5).
Download Fldigi Software
Hint: Set > Connectors > CI-V
- CI-V Baud Rate = 19200
- CI-V Address = 88h
- CI-V Transceive = Off
- Mode = USB-D
- Note that COM ports cannot be shared between programs.
Do not try using flrig and rigcat concurrently.
- Run Fldigi
- Configure station info: Configure > Operator
- Configure interface: Configure > Rig Control
Click Initialize, Save, Close.
- Turn off RigCAT and Hamlib -- instead, RPC will communicate internally to Flrig
which provides CAT control.
- Hint: Config > Xcvr select
- Rig = IC-7100
- Ser Port = COM4
- Baud = 19200
- Click Init, Close
- Exit both programs
- Start Fldigi
- Start Flrig
- It should connect to both the transceiver and fldigi.
- Fldigi's waterfall should display what is heard.
- Flrig's frequency readout should track changes in the 7100's tuning knob.
- The 7100's frequency display should track changes you make in Flrig's frequency.